The Jane Raybould for U.S. Senate campaign is seeking interns for the fall semester. Ideal candidates will be organized, motivated, self-starters who work well in a fast-paced, team environment and have an interest in politics. Interns will have the opportunity to work with senior staff on various projects to help drive the campaign’s success.
Although an intern’s work will mostly be specific to one or two focus areas (financial, communications & media relations, political, research or compliance), interns will also be expected to jump in on other projects as campaign needs dictate. Interns can work out of either Lincoln or Omaha, but primary responsibilities vary between offices:
- Communications & Media Relations: pulling media clips relevant to statewide and national; public policy-based news; crafting social media posts; assisting with press events; assisting with campaign communications (Omaha).
- Research: assisting with research on public policy issues, opposition research plus more and writing summaries on this research for campaign staff’s review; assisting with issue-questionnaires (Omaha).
- Political: assisting with GOTV (get out the vote efforts) by creating walking lists & turfs and calling lists; entering data into the database; researching and strategically looking at opportunities for the campaign to be present. Interns will spend time “on the ground” to assist getting out the vote at events and through targeted voter outreach (Lincoln or Omaha).
- Finance: writing event briefings for the candidate; donor research, outreach, and follow-up; event planning and preparation. Interns will also be allowed to shadow at various fundraising events (Lincoln).
- Compliance: track incoming contributions and assist with data entry while learning more about FEC laws and regulations (Lincoln).
Interns will need to have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and bring their own laptop and phone.
Internship is unpaid; the campaign is able to work with the intern’s school for credit.
Diverse applicants encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their resume, provide your availability, and let us know why you’re interested in working on this specific campaign to the operations assistant, Emma Sayner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send “Internship Application: Applicant Name” in subject line.